Friday, February 4, 2011

Hell has frozen over...

Ok, today my husband did something that is very out of the normal for him.  He bought a new pair of dress shoes for work...no biggie...the biggie is he bought a pair of Nikes.  OMG...not vans or chucks.  He actually liked them.  Granted they are a simple design.  But he is slowly coming out of his comfort level and trying new things. He needs shoes that will support his feet hiking and working out. He needed a change too. That is what I am all about.  Getting out of  your comfort zone.  I love change.  I live for it.  I love meeting new people and experiencing life from all different views.  So this is a huge step for Eric and I'm proud of him.  He's worse than a chick shopping. But I'm super happy he got new shoes.  It's sad but it's like pulling teeth to get him to open up to new things.  Once he does though he usually loves them. 

I did nothing today and it was blissful.  I had a long list of things that needed to be done, but I did nothing. 

Tomorrow we attempt taxes...so much fun.  I'm sure my eyes are spinning.

Tomorrow night is my mommy night out.  I plan on catching the movie Blue Valentine with some friends and getting dinner somewhere other than my kitchen.  Such a delight : ) 

Life is funny.  You never know the path you will take tomorrow and where that road with lead you.  New friends will enter your life while old friends exit.  I'm a firm believer that people are placed in our lives for reasons.  At what ever moment you need something or someone, a person will be placed.  We learn and grow from each person that we come in contact with.  I have been blessed with many special friends over the years. 

I love my hubs, he sometimes explains things so simple and so straight forward. He told me to never care what others think and I do not have to explain myself to anyone.  My choices, my life are merely that.  Mine. Simple, yes..but  I can be a push over at times and let others views allow my spirits to be brought down.  I'm a free spirit and I hold no grudges against anyone.  Some people don't get this and in confusion can look down on certain things I choose to do.  I live my life in the respect that I am not a mean person.  I have open arms to everyone and if people find this crazy or weird they can deal with that themselves.  Just because something is not the "norm" doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. 

Life is a funny thing...

No comments: