Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coming full circle...

Yesterday I went to visit my friend at Kosair.  Her new little guy was admitted.  I went up there to comfort her and let her sleep.  Her jerk of a hubby was at "home" and I will leave it at that.

My poor friend was so sleep deprived.   Walking into the room she had taken on mommy zombie mode.  I hated it for her.  I told her to sleep and I would watch the baby.  Poor little guy had an IV and monitors hooked up to him.  She ended listening to my pleas and soon was out cold.  Then it hit me while I was holding her baby feeding him.  We had came full circle in our lives.  I looked over at her sleeping and I had a flash back of all the times she would spend the night at my house. We would stay up late at night giggling doing dumb teenage girl things.  Talking about boys, shopping, dying our hair, or shadow dancing to rave music.  But in that moment watching her sleep it just hit me like a ton of bricks, we're moms. Last time I had seen her sleep was years ago. We've been through a lot together and I love her so much.  Sometimes in life you forget how well you really know someone.  How much of a past you have with them.  You just live the day to day and see them for their now.  But in that room I saw my friend as her teenage self...it was kinda sweet stepping back for a moment.  The trouble we got ourselves into, the silly things we did, the stalking of boys we would do.  It was just nice to have that feeling again.  But as soon as it came, it was gone.  Reality set in when my friend heard a noise and bolted up asking what was wrong.  She was in mommy mode no doubt.  I'm super proud of my friend.  She is on a hard journey right now alone, but she is doing an amazing job.  I begged her to come stay with me once she gets out of the hospital.  I have the room in my house and she needs to be taken care of. I hope to God she listens to me.

I love my hubby so much. I talked with him about it last night and he was so mad at her hubby for not being there. I felt guilty walking up the garage steps and seeing Eric poke his head out waiting for me.  He had stayed up to talk with me. I  felt awful for my friend being alone at the hospital...and I was walking into warm arms.  Eric wants her to come stay with us too.  My hubby has the biggest heart and would offer up anything to help a friend out.  Hell, he'd help a stranger out.  My hubby is truly a  great man. 

Ok...off to start this day...I need some dance music to lift me up...talk about Debbie downer...geezzzz...

No comments: