Saturday, April 2, 2011

I survived Spen's birthday...

Nothing like a house full of little boys running a muck to make you want to hide under the covers and ignore the heavy footsteps running like a herd of cattle throughout your house.  I kid, it really wasn't that bad.  It was quite comical while driving to the restaurant and lazer tag listening to them sing, I kissed a girl, and poker face.  They are becoming little teenage versions of themselves.  They talked about...."girls"....and cracked boy jokes.  They are currently outside playing man hunt.  I was going to paint war paint on their faces, but I couldn't find my supplies in time, so they nixed it.  It's funny, they keep coming to me, begging to take their coats off...nope.  Not, on my watch.  I'm the mean mom that makes them stay warm.


 Ice cream cake...Yummmmmmmm...
 The boys singing and dancing...aka "acting a fool"...It was funny to see them in this light.



 They were super excited about the restaurant!!!






 We went to Lazer tag after eating...I didn't snap any pics of that.  It was a fun way to end the night out...but an even better way was to top it off with a movie..."THE" movie...The Goonies!!!


 I love this scene!!!

 "Truffle Shuffle"...
 The boys were glued to the movie.

 Birthday bike...we still need to pick up his skateboard...


 Spen talking to Nana...

 The kids playing outside with swords...



It was a nice birthday and I am glad it's over.  This momma is tired.  Later we will be meeting my family for pizza.  Next week is the kids Spring break...woo hoo!!!  I get to sleep in...I'm looking forward to that.  Not sure what the week will entail, but we are going to try to get out and see a few places.

I (think) I finally decided on my kitchen floor.  Right now it's ugly.  I'm  wanting to do cork flooring.  (Laaaaaaaaaa...and the kitchen gods shine down upon me)  I want to do a checkerboard pattern.  Kinda like this...but in different colors.







I also want to carry the cork into my entry.  My entry looks pretty similar to this and I like the look.  I love cork flooring and I think it will be nice for the kitchen...pretty durable from what I gather..so yay on finally making a decision.  Now, onto finding funding for said project.  I wish I were rich...it would be rather dangerous though...my house would forever be changing. I'd be like the old crazy lady from the Winchester mansion.  (A place I must go see BTW)

Ok, off to start the day and get ready to have the family party.  Have a great weekend guys!!!

No comments: