Monday, March 14, 2011

Loving my boys...

Today is a day that my household has been over taken with the nasty and ever annoying head cold.  Spen stayed home from school.  Ceddy looks like all his coloring has been sucked out of him and I, I feel like death.  I wrapped my boys up in my bedding today...made a little cocoon and snuggled watching TV.  Even though I feel like crap...I feel better having these warm little bodies snuggled up against me and giving me hugs and kisses.  I love these two little souls so much.  Poor Eric is now getting sick.  He called me today is his I'm a sick little boy who doesn't want to be at work voice.  I told him to go eat and take some meds.  He called later to inform me he felt better.  I hate working while I'm sick so my heart goes out to him.  I'm a lounger.  I have to sprawl out under my covers and sleep off my illness.  I've been this way my whole life.  It's funny how mommy radar can sense a cold or sickness coming.  Last week Spen would get snippy.  A few days I actually sent him to his room to calm down.  I knew soon enough he'd be getting sick.  That's his sign...he gets emotional and snippy. Ceddy sleeps more and Eric because ( every man is a dress up little boy) gets whiny or snippy too.  I should own stock in Vicks or NyQuil.  It seems we are always coming down with something.  Funnn......

I can't believe Spen will be 8 years old on April 1st.  My little boy is well on his way to becoming a teenager.  Ouch.  He has informed Eric and myself he wants a skateboard for his birthday.  Me, being the over protective mother that I am protest under one condition...he ALWAYS wear a mouth guard, helmet, knee pads and elbow pads.  Dad steps in and settles for a helmet.  Eric was out showing spen on his skateboard some tricks.  It's super cute. The hubs still has some moves left in him.  Spen actually can ride on a board.  I talked with Eric and he thinks we should get him a board...so we shall see.  It's super cute seeing the guys skating together.  It's even cuter seeing Spen thinking he's a bad-ass holding a skate board....just holding it.  Kids are funny.  I can remember thinking of myself as a bad-ass with a banana clip in my hair way too much makeup applied to my face and scrunched down socks on at the skating rink.  Sipping on coke and listing to Poison or Bon Jovi and thinking just how "cool" I was.  Ummmm....so I'll let Spen have his coolness moment with a skateboard...even it consist of just holding it.

Even though I feel like crap...and look like death warmed over...I'm loving my life right now.  I have the three sweetest most loving guys in my life and they fill my life with never ending excitement, joy and craziness.  Off to lay in bed and try to recuperate from this head funk.  Have a great week guys!!!

1 comment:

Rose Altares Morales said...

I'm your newest follower from MBC! Cute blog!
come visit and return the luv~
www.thedarediva.com