Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 Projects projects projects!!!

I have a LONG to do list.  I keep adding to my list daily.  BUT we will start off small and work our way up.

I love the look of molding on doors and built-ins. I stumbled upon an awesome little trick for detail that I am debating on doing in my house.  I have crown molding everywhere so this might look nice.

http://mycottagecharm.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-add-molding-to-your-doors-door.html

Is where you can find a whole DIY for adding molding to your doors.  I love it.




I love the finished look and detail.  I'm a stickler for details.  It makes a room or space.

I have so many projects I need to finish.  Soon I will start painting my dining room : )))))  I plan on adding wainscoting beneath the chair rail.

here are two DIY's I might use...







I can't wait to get started on all my projects : )



2 comments:

lori said...

We both have wainscoting on the brain :). That is one of my "hope-to-get-to-first" projects for the new year. I am doing it up my stairs, and am fully intimidated! But i am excited to start on it :). Did you guys do yours or was it there when you bought your house?

And i love the trim on the tops of the doors. Reminds me of OLD homes that were full of character and not part of an assembly line.

~Nikki Pullen said...

Our wainscoting was here. I can't for the life of me figure out why they wouldn't have had it in the dining room. I'm so over my stripes but I put off painting them because of the sanding. Ekkkk...one of the first projects to tackle. I'm thinking about painting my walls the same color as my bedroom. I need to visit lowes and check out some paint.

Good luck on the steps wainscoting. That is intimidating. I'm awful with cuts and angles.

That's exactly why I love the trim on the doors. I showed it to Eric and he loved the idea. I am determined at some point to have my coffered ceilings too.