Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quote and song of the day...

I wrote a friend who is going through a tough time an email today, and this quote kept resonating in my mind...

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.Joseph Campbell

This quote pulled me together and kept me sane during my divorce.  As simple as it is...it's the truth.  We all have this idea of what our lives are supposed to be.  The image from childhood that rest in the back of our minds.  Or the image we create as adults...sadly, life has other plans.  God interjects his path and a new path/ journey is created.  My heart breaks for my friend.  But I know there is a reason and plan to this sadness...in years to come she will know why. 



I know with my divorce I was heart broken and a mere shell of a person I once was...but I pulled it together with the help of my family and friends.  Life is beautiful...through the ugliness, pain, sadness and craziness of it all...it's beautiful.  We can't let the sadness consume us.  I pray for my friend and I hope she finds peace and strength to go on.  She is a brave woman.


I adore this song...if you have never heard Aesop Rock...here ya go...





Happy few days of Christmas shopping left guys...

No comments: