Thursday, December 15, 2011

Being Mr. Grinch...

Ok, after receiving so many beautiful Christmas cards this year I felt like crap for not sending some out.  I have been too busy (and lazy) to do it.  I actually went to a site and plugged in my family portraits only to walk away from the order button.  So..I decided to do something fun and in the spirit of Christmas I donated the money I would have spent on Christmas cards to a great cause.  

This is a wonderful local place where gay, lesbian an transsexual teens can find refuge in Louisville KY.  Funny, I learned about this place at the Lady Gaga concert.  Hopefully, sometime soon I will have time to donate instead of money.  It breaks my heart to know that so many of our gay youths are being teased, kicked out of their homes and committing suicide.  As a mother, I love my boys to the moon and back.  It's so sad to think there are kids out their that do not have this love in their lives.  Here is an awesome proud momma who stands for all that I believe and what truly should encompass every families hearts...


I saw this video awhile back and my heart broke for this boy and the many more like him...


I'm thinking this may become my new family Christmas tradition...Christmas cards are fun...but I like the donating better : )  

No comments: