Thursday, December 1, 2011

Candy Cane City...

I'm sitting here with my two year old son laying on my chest.  I think he had a nightmare or something.  He woke up screaming for daddy.  So I'm holding him...rocking him and hoping he will fall asleep soon.  I'm tired myself.  I had to run the Cub Scout meeting tonight and kids activity.  Shheeeshhhh....

Tomorrow is new couch day!!!  I still need to move my old couch and clean the battlefield of discarded and lost toys up from underneath it.  Not to mention dust bunny station.  Not looking forward to that.

I have been busy getting my house ready for Christmas along with my car.  I'm a total nerd when it comes to holiday stuff.  My husband laughs at me but joins right in.  Case in point...my car...


It's funny to see my husband behind the wheel of this...hehehehe.  My boys LOVE it.  Cedric has to pet the car's nose every time we get in. It's cute right now...but I somehow believe it will get old fast.  Esp running Spen to school in the morning amid frigid temperatures.   So if you see me out int the Rudolph mobile....wave : )

My friend and I have been crafting fools lately and we are going to attempt to construct a gingerbread house for my outside.  We made the candy cane suckers for the walk.  They were easy and CHEAP to do.

How to make these cute cheap little suckers.  Looking back I should totally have added glitter!
                         
                                 - Glued two foam plates together and painted the red lines on them with acrylic paint.



Bought PVC pipe and had it cut by a not so nice old man at Lowes.  He was tired and looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him to cut them into 2" sections.  He got nicer when he saw how excited the kids were to see him use the saw.


 Came home and had my lovely assistant Sarah glue them together with me.  I cut triangles into the plates and shoved the poles all the way up.  Glued the edges.  It doesn't have to be pretty...it's going to be covered up.


Covered them with Dollar Tree clear wrap and little ribbons with bells.  I used rubber bands to hold the clear wrap on.  They turned out really cute.  I'll take a better picture of them when they are in the yard.



New obsession and want for Christmas!!!



...and I will end with my favorite purchase of the week...ok, second favorite...my military sweater kicks ass.  I scored this beauty for $15 at TJ Maxx today.  I can't wait to use it for my cookie exchange!!!

Laaaaaaaa...it's so pretty ; )


No comments: