Monday, November 28, 2011

Sleepppppyyyy...

I put up two Christmas trees today.  With a toddler handing me ornaments off one tree every step of the way.  I'm wore out.  I had an 8am. orthodontist appointment today and had to take both boys along for the visit.  THANK GOD they were both too sleepy to hate it.  I really wasn't worried about Spen, but Cedric...if he's in a mood step back.  But thankfully, he was good.

I put my wreaths and candles in my windows today too.  We put the lights outside up this past weekend.  I still need to put my porch trees up and decorate my mail box. I'm debating on making a gingerbread house for the outside. I'll take pictures once it's all done.  Eric keeps teasing me about my over zealousness for Christmas decor.

I have SO many projects.  We FINALLY settled on a couch for our family room.  Our current one has seen better days.  I can't wait to decorate around it.  Here is the "theme" I want for my family room...


Source: google.com via Nicole on Pinterest


I'm crushing on the ceiling. Little does Eric know or fully comprehend my idle threats of starting this project soon...it will happen this winter : )  We will get a coffered ceiling. Even if I have to build it myself. Heh...ok..scratch that...more like tell the hubs he gets to buy new tools for the project.
 I like the accent chairs and the just mellow feel of the room.

I researched A LOT before we bought our couch.  I LOVE this couch...



and this one as well...



Insert the "but" here...the first one had horrible reviews...fell apart and the other one has one cushion.  I personally LOVE the look but not the practicality of it.  It will break down and be lumpy.  I've seen it first hand and read tons of reviews.  Boo. This will be our daily "driver" couch...we needed durability and aesthetics : )  Not to mention I have a child who has already managed to break one couch....so fingers crossed we made the correct choice. It comes Friday!!!  Yay : )

I want/need this chair...



My thrifty mind is in the works on how to make it or buy it for cheap. It would look awesome in my office.  I just need to add a different light fixture and floating shelves and the office will be done.  Oh, and clean and organized it...heheheee...the boring job.

So much to do...off to sleep I go.




No comments: