Monday, September 19, 2011

Health and House...

Yes, today has two blog entries : )  I did not want my first entry to last an eternity.

Health...
So, I have been working out and "somewhat" watching what I eat. (minus this weekend) I could do better...but I have to live and eat chocolate ; )  Eric and I have given up cokes...him more than I.  I still have to have a diet coke every once and a while.  But with that said I have lost some weight : )  I had to go and get my wedding bands re-sized again.  I now wear a size 5 band.  I have tiny fingers.  It's kinda freaky.  Once while getting my nails done the manicurist told me my hand were "like childs."  My hubby teases me to this day about it.  I also had to buy new jeans this weekend.  Drum roll for the size...size 6!!!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I knew I wore a 6 in dresses and skirts, but they run larger.  I have lost A LOT of weight from my pregnancy.  My new goal is to get in shape.  Skinny does not equate fit and healthy. I hate when people make that misconception.  I'm excited to start this new workout routine with jogging and my treadmill.

House...
We have a lot of things going on.  I'm super excited.  We are going to buy a new washer and dryer.  I know...how non-exciting.  I would much rather buy prettier things and I would rather use that money to travel with...but the life of an adult and making smart decisions never ends.  But I am excited about buying a new washer and dryer.  Here are the ones we are going to purchase...



I can't wait!  I despise our current ones.  They are older than Methuselah. These two have steamers...Yay!!!  Non-stretched out sweaters here I come : )

I also know how I want to re-do my kitchen....down the road.  When we overhaul it.



I love black cabinets.  Don't get me wrong I love a white kitchen.  But my family should not have one. We are too messy!  I wish I had known that before I painted my cabinets...heh.  I also LOVE modern colonial design.  My house is a colonial and I love updating it but keeping hints of tradition with it.  We have a bunch of projects on our to-do list.

Sunday we made a quick trip to prospect and stopped at a fun (over priced) candy store.  I'm not lying, chocolate truffles were $2.50 each.  Ouch.  My love of chocolate has led me to MANY candy stores and this one was a chain.  I prefer mom and pop type deals.  But it was fun nonetheless...






Retro candy...



  
Ok...off to jog I go.  Have a great day guys!!!

No comments: