Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Stupid girl...

I have gone and messed my head up.  I made the mistake of thinking I could easily solve all my allergy problems with a sinus rinse.  I used one years ago and totally ignored my husband as he read off the directions as I hovered over my kitchen sink.  I was way too cool to listen until he finished.  I was a pro and had done this before...welllllllll...many moons had passed since that time and I royally fudged up.  I pushed the water too fast and hard into my sinus' and wowser yikes times 5.  I have had a lovely headache for the past two days.  I somehow screwed up the pressure inside my head and pushed all my lovely sinus drainage around.  It's getting better...just not fast enough.  Next time...I will stop, slow down and listen...

This weekend will be an event For the Pullens.  Our first family camping trip with Cedric.  The four of us will be going along with the cub scouts down to Mammoth Cave.  I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't excited.  I LOVE camping in the fall.  This is the first time we are taking Cedric.  Fingers crossed he doesn't escape to be raised by bears, wolves or devil monkeys.  (devil monkeys are what you see when you are intoxicated in the woods at night...true story) I know he will love it!!!  Hopefully, I can keep up with him.  My friend is going and she said she would help me out with him.  Eric is in charge of this whole trip so he has been thinking up meal plans, and hiking ideas.  He's so awesome!  The perfect dad.  He plans on taking the hiking backpack to carry Cedric along on some of the hikes.  I'm excited...I just hope my headache goes away soon!!!  I need to look up some games for the kids to do.  It's cute Eric is going to tell the kids a campfire story.  Me telling them a story was vetoed : (  Boo....just because I scared my old campers to death as a camp counselor years go doesn't mean anything...ha!  Kids are funny and will believe anything...hehehehe...

Ok...I have a few fall obsessions...

I'm in love with heeled oxfords...must have...



Color tights...swoon...


Chunky scarves...yes please...



Dark Bamboo floors...(for the kitchen and entry)






White bedding...


Source: None via Nicole on Pinterest


Modern sectional couch...







I want this watch like yesterday!!!




Gray skinny jeans...


Source: None via Nicole on Pinterest


A new fitted blazer...


Source: None via Nicole on Pinterest


and finally Christina Hendricks...because she's just fabulous!!!





Serious note...

My mind has been kinda adrift lately.  I keep thinking about past events and friends.  I really miss a couple people who I shut out of my life.  I believe people can change.  I hope they have.  I hate that I had to end my friendships with them...but at the time it was for the best.  I wish them well in their journey and I hope maybe one day we will meet again as friends.  Life has a funny way of working out.  It's one revolving cycle of karma, love and serendipity. I've learned never to say never and never to make solid plans. ( Kinda silly..) But I've always believed if someone keeps coming into your mind, they are thinking about you.  Maybe, these two people are thinking about me...who knows.  I just hate the way things ended and I hate things never were resolved.  I'm a firm believer in that your life should be full of love...not hostility.  So honestly, if I met these two old friends out I'd greet them with a hug instead of harsh words.  Happiness is way too important than to have anger in your heart.  My husband and I are firm believers in forgiveness and letting go.  Everyone has their own issues and make their own mistakes...don't take on their karma or their judgement as your own.  Let go of any negative thoughts and misgivings and only embrace the good in people.  It's hard to do...I'm not going to lie...I struggle with this.  Some people are just jerks and constantly remind you why you do not like them...but for the mass...most people are good and want to just be loved.  This is why I only surround myself with people I trust and that have honest hearts.  My friends are the sweetest group of people.  Back to the topic...sending out hugs to the ones I left behind...

My head is in this state of not knowing if it wants to hurt...I think laying down may solve my headache so off I go.    Wishing everyone a day full of love and happiness!!!


No comments: