Thursday, September 22, 2011

Busy busy bee...

I have been doing a mad dash across town for the past few days.  From picking up portraits to paying taxes.  I am OVER THE MOON people.  I am now officially caught up on my CITY taxes.  Long story short.  I pay my Federal and State taxes religiously. I'm terrified of the IRS, they do not play. (Although, they are nice)  So for the longest time I did not know however that I had to pay city tax.  Turbo tax does not include local city tax.  I am a freelance photographer contracted out by the paper located downtown.  I did not find this information out until 4 years after working for the paper. Then they hit me with back city taxes.  I went a while back to square everything up and like an idiot forgot half my information and had to go back.  Well, it was a hassle and something I kept putting off.  Then today I marched myself and Cedric downtown and we paid all my taxes!!!  Woo hoo!!!  No more looming bills over my head.  I know it's such a silly thing to be excited about, but I am worry FREE!!!!!!!!!!!   It was a perfect day to go downtown.  The clouds parted and there was actually a parking space in front of the building I needed to go to. OMG...a rarity.  There was even extra time on my meter.  Cedric was in a great mood and I was in and out within 15 minutes.  Cedric and I then took a walk around downtown.  I realized walking around there how much I missed working downtown.  I hated my last job, but I loved all the excitement and the people of downtown.  I know my city is small but it's just an interesting mash-up of people, and that is what perks my interest.  It was cute Cedric said hi to the meter readers, hi to the Jimmy John delivery guy and hi to the passing cars.   He LOVED it and everyone thought he was adorable.


Updates....sheeshhhh...Eric and Spen decided on Family Halloween costumes...Spen did not like my idea of retro super heroes.  I need to get to work on our costumes.  I also need to get to work on Cedric's party decor.
I think Eric is going to order our washer and dryer today.  I can't...I'm such a nerd and I HATE purchasing anything $$$.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  I about threw up when we bought our car and about passed out when we bought our house.  I don't do well with expensive purchases.  (I'm fully aware of how weird that makes me)  We have a lot of home projects on the way. We are redoing the laundry room.




{Inspiration}
I love the washer and dryer on a box with storage for sorting underneath.








{Love the Color!!!}  I want to brighten the basement up : )






 Eric installed the new black doorknobs which look amazing! I know I said I wanted to paint them and I know I could have, given the fact if I had free time.  Ha, something that is a fleeting moment in this house.  I do plan on painting our bi-fold door knobs. I couldn't find any I liked and I do like the ones we have.  I love how the black  makes the house look more rustic and colonial.  I swoon over old New England homes : )  New hinges are next with entry door hardware.  This is not a cheap upgrade!!!  I have three floors and my OCD has to have everything match.  It's annoying.  


I need to finish my chairs...I've been lazy.  I have all the supplies...I just have to get all the staples out of the chairs.  Blah...boring stuff!!!  I had blisters the last time I tried to do this.  


I had lunch with Eric today after the morning rush. While driving home I had a movie moment ( That's my label for them).  That's when everything seems perfect in the world and time kinda stands still.  I rarely ever have these moments so when I do, I seize them.  Breathing all the life they have to offer and only consuming the happiness they evoke.  I was driving down Lexington with my sun roof open as the warm afternoon sun beamed down on me.   My beautiful little guy was sleeping soundly in the backseat.  It helped I was listening to Simon and Garfunkel's the sound of silence. (Kinda set the mood)  It was a perfect concoction of pure happiness of simply being in the moment.  No worries, no thoughts, no plans...just driving, singing along with the sun.  I love moments like these...they recharge your inner sinew and makes us stay at home moms not so nuts.  It's truly nice to freeze time for a simple moment and hold it within you.   




Ok...I totally stole this from another blog I follow...(As everyone else should too!!!)
{A-Z of me}


A. Age: 29...but really 25, or so I shall delude myself into thinking ; )
B. Bed size: King - it is huge and lovely!!!
C. Chore that you hate: Putting clothes away...I'd rather pawn it off on Eric ; )
D. Dogs: One day we will own another Boston Terrier...when the kids can take care of the dog too.
E. Essential start to your day: Smack that damn alarm clock...Mama needs another 5 minutes!!!  
F. Favorite color: Depends on my mood and what the color is for.
G. Gold or Silver: Silver
H. Height: 5'3 and a half...
I. Instruments you play: Should be play(ed) French horn, clarinet and the xylophone...yeah, I was a nerd. 
J. Job title: Stay at Home Mom and photographer.
K. Kids: Two dashingly handsome boys...Spencer and Cedric. 
L. Live: Louisville, KY
M. Mother’s name: Pamela but she likes Pam.
N. Nicknames: Nikki, Nik, 
O. Overnight hospital stays: Giving birth to my boys are the ones I like to remember : )
P. Pet peeves: Fake people along with rude people.  It's amazing how many of these type people walk among us daily.
Q. Quote from a movie: Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark. 

R. Right or left handed: Right handed.
S. Siblings: Older sister, Terri, Older brother Michael, and younger brother Matthew
U. Underwear: Yes, daily.
V. Vegetable you hate: radishes. Yuck. 
W. What makes you run late: Me, I'm slow...I also get distracted...damn Internet.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Broken arm, broken collar bone, dental, stomach, I should be glowing by now.
Y. Yummy food that you make: I make a yummy manicotti.. 
Z. Zoo animal: The penguins.  I love those little guys!!!



Have a great day guys!!!

No comments: