Friday, March 16, 2012

Harry Potter Party Invites!!!

Ok, I will admit wholeheartedly that I have a party addiction.  I LOVE the little details that go into planning a party. I love making, crafting, and planning fun parties.  Sooooo with that said I FINALLY finished Spencer's Harry Potter Party invites.



They are actually a welcoming packet into Hogwarts.  The actual invitation is the Marauders Map.


Here is the inside of the invitation. I did a google image search for marauders map and found two that I liked.  I went into photoshop used a antique paper layer and added the wording in Harry Potter font. (all free on the internet...just google HP font and download it).


I printed on both sides of parchment paper (found it cheap at walmart) and left a little lip to be folded behind the other page.  You can see this in the photo above.  I did this so the wax would not bleed through onto the inside page.  Worked perfectly :)


Props have to be given to my friend Sarah. I told her I needed an H for my wax seal.  She constructed the one in the above picture for me out of clay and a wooden block she even painted gold : )  Sadly, it did not work :(  It took too much wax to be used and it stuck to the clay H.  But I love her for her craftiness and her awesome friendship :))))

So I wracked my brain on what I could use.  I refused to pay 5 bucks for an H wax press...then I remembered the wood engraving kit we bought for the cub scout plaques.  It worked PERFECTLY!!!


 I bought sealing wax at Michael's with a coupon of course :) (google Michaels coupons or bring in a coupon from a competitor, they match coupons.)


I had to make sure the sides stayed down so I added things to weigh them down while the wax settled .  I also added a piece of wax paper underneath the top papers.  You can see it in the below photo.  This prevented the wax from bleeding onto the inside page.




I then sealed the packets together. 


Inside the packet was an acceptance letter, supply list and class schedule for Hogwarts.  All the information and decals on the papers were found through my trusted friend google and wikiharrypotter.  I typed in up in photoshop and printed it out on parchment paper again. 







Also, included is a ticket for platform 9 3/4.  I did an image search and found this ticket.  Thanks to whom ever created it : )))))  I searched and saved so many images I have no idea where this is from...but many thanks to the person who originally created it. It DRIVES me crazy when people steal my ideas or copy my stuff without giving me credit....so I feel terrible for not crediting this person..but thanks again anonymous person. 

Lastly...I found the CUTEST little potion jars at Dee's yesterday...


I washed them out and am letting them dry. I talked with the staff at Dee's and they feel they are food safe, so I'm going to put pop rocks in them for the kids.  I'm going to have them for the HoneyDukes shop part of the party :)))))))


I'm such a nerd and have sooooo many more ideas and tricks up my sleeve...stay tuned :))))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! New follower thru BHE! To follow me, here's my link http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/ :)

Posh said...

Wow- those turned out cool!

Stopping by from the Friday Hops to say hello.
Have a great weekend.
POSH

Lil said...

Seriously? You are beyond crazy and impressive. I am so excited for Spencer! :) Take lots of pictures since I'll be hanging with my new BFF Bill Nye. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love this! You should do a tutorial for those of us computer-impaired. If you have any tips for how to do this let me know at Preciouspinky87@aol.com (other than the tips you explained in this blog I mean lol)