Sunday, September 11, 2011

...

Life just moves forward at such an amazingly fast speed.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact it's been 10 years since 9-11.  I can still remember it like yesterday as everyone else in America at that time.  It's been forever etched in our memories.  Eric and I took the kids for a jog today. Spen had ran on in front of us and for a moment Eric and I just reflected about that day.  It's just so utterly sad on so many different levels.  I'll leave it at that.

The jog...it felt good to wear myself out.  I have a love hate relationship with jogging.  My mind loves the freedom running brings...but my body hates doing it.  It was nice to have a partner with me.  I won't lie though, I do like running alone too.  Headphones blasting away in my ears and my mind on nothing but it's thoughts.  I just wish I didn't have so many damn hills in my neighborhood...(I'm lazy).  I liked doing it as a family today.  I swear I love my hubby to death.  I told him last night he's what calms me.  I've been stressed lately, but when Eric tells me everything will be ok...I believe him because I know he will make it ok.  Poor guy worked all day at the Middletown Festival selling popcorn for the cub scouts.  I went up there a few times.  He's such a devoted dad. I felt so bad for Eric though...he had to stand almost all day yesterday.  His legs were so sore last night and running today probably wasn't the nicest thing for them.

{ A few weekend pics }

{  This is a pic from the festival...Spen had changed out of his Cub Scout clothes and was on a mission to play the cake wheel... he won a cake!   Spen deserved it...he sold the most and worked super hard.  Eric received many compliments on how awesome he was yesterday. We are super proud of him!!!}




{ They wanted to put the cub scout booth right beside the chainsaw art...ummmm....not a good idea...Something about small hyper kids and chainsaws make me nervous...thankfully, they were able to get another space }



{ This is how Cedric rolled in styled }



{ This is what Cedric insisted on wearing for our jog...granted he was riding in a stroller...but he HAD to have this hat on...hehehehahahaha....I LOVE it!!! }




I'm excited to go camping next month.  I LOVE the Fall and I love being outdoors in the Fall time.  Hopefully, the weather will be good for it.  

{ New Fall nail polish...(Pat On The Black)...it's actually more of a dark purple.  I LOVE IT }


Tomorrow is my nieces birthday.  She will be turning 10.  I remember finding some happiness after 9-11. I also remember how excited I was to hold her and love on her.  She was my sweet baby doll that I could spoil.  I swear I blinked and she grew up.  She was the first grandchild and OMG was that child spoiled.  I loved buying her clothes, shoes anything girly.  I hate I never see her anymore.  Life happens and time slips away from you.  I want to take both my nieces out to get their nails done soon.  They would love that!  (as would I )  It's funny the hubs said we are lucky we do not have a daughter...we'd be broke.  I'd spend all our money on clothes and shoes for her.  He's right...I would...ha.

I decided to take Cedric to open gym classes.  He has been driving me nuts lately.  He needs to burn off some of that energy he has.  So I think a few places around my house have walk in gym time for kids.  I am going to take a break from story hour and try to find something that will work for him and his needs.  Sitting still listening to an old lady read and making a craft isn't his cup of tea.  He needs to run.  Hopefully, the gym thing works out and he likes it. 

{Cedric discovered Spen's old cowboy boots and the rest is history as they say.  He LOVES them}





We have so much to do today...sew curtains...cut the grass and wash clothes...so off I go.  

No comments: