Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting my craft on...

I'm super excited to start my next set of crafts.  I'm going to have a few friends over and we are going to work on party decorations for Cedric's birthday.  October is a VERY busy month for us, so I want everything ready to go.  I went with my friend today to a local comic book store.  We took the kids.  I wish I had taken my camera with me to capture the looks on their faces.  They were in HEAVEN.  My friend was super awesome and she entertained Cedric while I sifted through the 10 cent comic book bins.  I found some retro (non-valuable) comics.  I plan on making banners out of them. (hence my soon to be craft night)




I LOVE these too...such a cleaver idea...




I plan on cutting these out of black foam core...




I need to pick some letters up to do this...




I have a lot ideas to work on as well.  I need to work on invites and decide on who all I will invite.  I had 40 people at last years and that was A LOT.  I want this years to be smaller.  So I will have to figure out a list and start planning.

Eric comes home tomorrow!!!  I can't wait.  I have missed him terribly...and I missed my sanity. Hehehehhee...these boys are keeping me busy. I have the sweetest hubby.  He has been inches away from NYC all week.  His boss told him to go view the city after work.  I told him he should go site seeing too.  He said he wouldn't...he said he didn't want to see it without me.  So he's going to wait until I can go with him.  He knows I've always wanted to go there.  Such a sweetie with a big heart : )  He also told me they have a plant outside of Paris...maybe there will be some business trips abroad in the works...if so I will definitely be tagging along on those : )


Ok...off to work out...I have 5 stubborn pounds to lose...and then off to sleep...I have been a walking zombie the past week.


No comments: