Monday, August 15, 2011

Sheeeshhhhh...

Well, for starters the first day of school has been called off for two days now thanks to the lovely storm that passed through here a few days ago.  A lot of schools are still without power.  I think Spencer is slightly happy with the delay.  I am happy Eric will be able to join us the first day of school : )  I always walk Spencer into his class, snap a picture and hug him goodbye.  Usually, Eric has a conference call on Monday mornings.

I broke down and took Spencer to get his hair cut by a pro.  I usually cut it, but I wanted it to be shaped better. I printed out a picture of David Beckham and gave it to the hair stylist.  Spencer thought it looked cool, so we were both happy.  His hair turned out super cute.

My bedroom is done being painted...wheeeewwwww...something that has taken a small eternity to happen.  I need to buy new curtain rods.  I decided I'm going to save money and use the curtains I already have.  I'll buy some new ones down the road.  I have been searching EVERYWHERE for two nightstands that would  go with my bed.  My bed is a huge massive canopy monster.  Every nightstand I found looked like a footstool next to it. So while looking around target today I saw a nice short bookshelf.  PERFECT!!!  It fit the dimensions perfectly, and the color worked as well.  I love the idea I will have a place to house my books and my search is now over.  We bought two of the bookshelves for CHEAP : )  The nightstands that matched my bed were like $400 (plus) each...no.  I have two clumsy boys who have managed to chip, scuff or nick every piece of furniture I have.  So I'm stoked with my bookcases. I need to figure out what I will put on them and if I will go with two side lamps.  I want my room to be very relaxing and spa-esq.  It's so funny my friend came over and I showed her the room so far and she thought it was really calming without me telling her my theme...yay...just the vibe I'm going for    : )  This week, once my room is put back together, we start on my chairs : )))))


Ok...off to piece together my room...not enough hours in the day...

No comments: