Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Today has been a great day so far.  My oldest who is 8, woke me up with breakfast in bed at 7am. God bless him...he came in my room with toast and milk.  It was super sweet.  Earlier he had came in my room yielding a homemade card.  Adorable!!!  My youngest actually let me sleep in...laaaaa and the clouds parted : )  Then the hubs took the kids down stairs and around 10am they came up with their gifts.  My oldest gave me my earrings I had seen and wanted.  It was super cute, the hubs took the boys out shopping and said Spencer could not remember what they looked like.  All he knew they were shaped like a leaf....hahaaaaa...poor hubby had to search the Kohls jewelry department for a leaf shaped earring.  They found them..so yay!!!  I needed some new earrings.  Then the hubby gave me his gift.  I personally thought it was a cupcake...it was in a square box but to my amazement it was a gift card and package from massage envy!!!  Woo hoo!!!  He was cute...he bought the package deal.  He told me the woman who sold it to him said it was nice so he thought I should have it.  I told him he was adorable and such a man...a woman goes in for a gift card somewhere...she comes out with just a gift card...hehehehee.  I can get a facial and massage.  Now when to find the time for this...next mothers day perhaps...ha. It came with this lip balm stuff that is AMAZING!!!  I have jacked up lips from braces so I LOVE it.  Also, a yummy candle.  I was totally taken off guard by this gift.  Eric said Cedric was wanting to run around at massage envy like crazy.  I told him yup...welcome to my world.  I feel totally blessed.  I love my guys!!!  I hope all the mommies out there are being remembered and loved today!!!


Here is the card Spen made me : )
 My friend sent me this sweet card : )



A box that looks like a cupcake...hummmm...

 Nope...even better : )
 Eric made me this sweet card : )





***Edited*** I forgot to upload this entry last night.  Mothers day ended up being a very nice day.  It had been a very stressful weekend with all the events I've had to cover.  It was nice Sunday to relax and hang out with the family. 

But back to work and real life this week.  Tonight I have a photo shoot and this week I have a million appointments.


Here are some pics form last week...Spen getting his breathing treatment...





Cedric not happy about being at the doctors office...period...


Poor guy was sick too...

I found some fun fabric at the new Joanns in Indiana.  The hubs and I went for a trip.


My guys at the family Derby party.



Bad camera phone pics of me going to work this weekend...




 I had to get one of me on the red carpet...heh...I look horrid in this one...but oh well...It was fun.


 Smart ass hubby taking a  pic of me from behind...

 This pic is totally out of focus and bad...but I love how skinny I look in it : )



My 8 year old took this...hence the angle...


Ok, I've wasted enough time this morning...off to get this day started.  I have a plethora of paint swatches with my name on them waiting to be manhandled by me.  Which color shall my bedroom be...hummmm... Have a wonderful day guys!!!


4 comments:

Rose said...

Hi I'm a new follower via MBC! I'm here to help you grow your blog! Great pictures!

Would love for you to return the follow.
http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com

Thanks and Keep in touch!

~Nikki Pullen said...

Thanks!!! I will follow you back ; ) Have a great day!!!

Tiff said...

You look awesome! That dress turned out to work so well!! So glad you had a great Mother's Day! :)

~Nikki Pullen said...

Thanks!!! I figured it's a reusable dress : )I hope you had a good Mothers Day!!! Off to catch up on your blog : )