Friday, May 6, 2011

Celebs galore...

Today is nuts!!!

I have a lot to do to get ready for this weekend.  I live in Louisville Kentucky and it's DERBY baby!  Our whole city shuts down and goes crazy.  My job is to document this craziness.  I'm a freelance photographer for the local paper and I have two assignments this weekend.  One is the Mint Jubilee and the other is Silks In The Bluegrass...aka fancy parties with celebrities.  Last year I got to shoot the Barnstable Brown party.  It was a blast.  I'm excited for this weekend.  Here are some pics I took from last year...




























I have so much to do...and I'm waiting for my batteries for my camera to charge.  I have a check list of items I will need to bring along with me tonight and I have a baby not very happy in the other room.  Today will be a fast food lunch kinda day.  Sheeshhhh...Sunday I will CRASH.  I'm happy I'm shooting the event tonight with a nice guy and I heard back from the PR firm for the event.  Yay!!!  I know how to get my credentials...was kinda worried about that.

I have such a blessed life...and I can't wait to celebrate mothers day Sunday with my favorite guys.  Ok...off to get ready.  Have a wonderful weekend guys!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was most excited to see Salt & Peppa in your pics. :/

Mare said...

You have a great time as you hob nob with all the celebs! Happy Mother's Day too. Following you from MBC! Would love to have your thoughts on my blog (when you aren't out partyin with the celebs!-just jealous!)
http://nonasnotes.blogspot.com

JAMR said...

I am so insanely jealous! I went to WKU and have gone to Derby (and/or Oaks) every year but three since '95! I'm not there this year, sadly, for reasons in my blog.
Have a great Derby this weekend!!

~Nikki Pullen said...

I have some pics of Salt and Peppa performing too...it was awesome!!! Thanks guys!!! I'm wore out. There really weren't that many "celebs" at the party I shot tonight. Although, I did see Betsy Johnson and I ADORE her!!! (I even told her that when I took her picture...I'm a nerd) Tomorrow I get to shoot another party : ) That one is just locals...sheeeshhhh...I'm sleepy. I'll follow you guys back!!! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!!!