Thursday, May 17, 2012

Busy Busy Busy...

That's my story this week...busy.  I took Cedric to the doctor yesterday.  I'm going to be honest and put myself out there...I have been FREAKED out over his gland that is swollen in his neck.  Yesterday's trip marked his third visit to the doctor over it.  His pediatrician feels that it is his reflux causing irritation in his throat. He also was concerned with his voice being so deep.  He thinks he may have a polyp on his chords from the reflux.  It's insane how much trouble his reflux has caused.  So now  we have an appointment with his ENT.  I was so proud of my little guy.  He had blood work done and he was so good.  He didn't cry and sat perfectly still...a total unheard moment for a toddler.  I hated it for him being poked, but he did so well I was super proud of him.

This weekend is the cub scout graduation.  I need to figure out what games we will play and next weekend is Eric's birthday party.  I need to figure out what I'm doing for that as well.  He said he wants an 80's movie night/BBQ.  So I have a starting point. We also have our neighborhood yard sale.  I hate dragging things onto the lawn to be looked over, rummaged through and then discarded.  I'm not a person who enjoys negotiating with people.   So the whole I put $1 price on something, no I'm not going to sell it to you for a quarter.

One of BFF's came into town this week.  It was really nice to get to see him and hang out.  I also got to see my other friend kick ass in stand up comedy competition! He competed and won the funniest Health professional for Louisville.





We were so proud of him up on stage.  He was so calm and the timing for his jokes were perfect!!!  It's funny my friends and I were sitting on pins and needles when he walked up there.  I jokingly told them I was prepared to take one for the team and flash the crowd or fake a seizure if he choked...hehehhee...but he did not choke and he totally rocked!!!  I totally admire his bravery for getting up there to begin with.  I would have froze and starred at the spotlight. Chirp chirp ...nothing but crickets.

I'm excited because I'm getting my canvas roll tomorrow.  I have so many projects swirling around in my head.  YAY!!!  Ok, off to finish up my day : )

6 comments:

JAMR said...

I have reflux, and had polyps (vocal nodules). I was an adult, and went on Nexium to repair my esophagus, and time helped with the nodules. Getting my reflux under control has kept the annual laryngitis and all the voice trouble at bay. It's worth taking the time now, and what a difference it makes.

~Nikki Pullen said...

That's for info for the meds. I'll ask the doctor. That's really encouraging seeing you had the same thing and were able to get it under control. I agree 100% with you about taking the time now. I'm just a little upset thinking we had this reflux under control. He's had it since birth and was hospitalized with asphyxiation from it at three days old. He developed an eating disorder from it and had to have speech therapy because of it. I'm just tired.

Jaimee said...

Hope your little guys gets better soon! I hate seeing my son not feel good. I am so happy I found your blog through the blog hop! I'm moving from Michigan to Louisville at the end of this month! I hope to chat with you sometime!
Jaimee
http://inspiredbeautyblog.blogspot.com

~Nikki Pullen said...

Thanks! Yay for finding me : )Jaimee I emailed you at the email address on your blog contact info.

Unknown said...

Wow that is great, I'm glad he wasn't scared. I'm a new blog follower from a blog hop, if you could please follow me back that would be great! http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

Joyce said...

Sorry to hear about your son, hope everything will be okay.

I wanted to comment on what you said about pricing your items, why not price them a bit higher this way if they haggle you can still get what you want for it, or more.

Followed from Blog Hop Til You Drop.