Saturday, January 9, 2010

Materialism at it's best...

Materialism: 1 a : a theory that physical matter is the only or fundamental reality and that all being and processes and phenomena can be explained as manifestations or results of matter b : a doctrine that the only or the highest values or objectives lie in material well-being and in the furtherance of material progress c : a doctrine that economic or social change is materially caused — compare historical materialism

I'm tired of contributing to the masses. I feel dirty...I feel republican.

I just feel guilty for bringing in more materials into my household than I could ever possible use or need. I'm spoiled. This has got to stop. I say this in one breath; with anticipation of my ikea catalog to arrive in the other...eyes rolling. I've become a consumer to middle American society. I'm a "stuff" junkie. I hate it. I need to live more European. Less "stuff". I've been blessed and yet I still want more. I understand the fact of my shopping does give back to our economy. But I just feel bad for the waste and the grossly over purchasing of goods in my household. I plan on cutting back or trying to at least.

While working on my exterior, I'm going to start working on my interior as well. Spirituality has taken a back seat in my life. I'm not an over religious person. I believe everyone has different pathways to God. All paths are ones own journey. I know mine, but can't decided for or judge anothers. Except scientology, that' s just bs. Ha! I plan on going to see the Dalai Lama. He's such an awesome man with such a kind spirit. I would love to take spen. But he's still too little. Eric said he would go with me and was actually kinda excited about it. The hippie heart inside me swoons. I have a wedding scheduled the next day, so I will have to hurry home. But it would be so worth seeing him speak.

My question is this...what have you done for someone else today? What have you given back? My answer is a big fat zero. I hate that. I have some major changes that need to take place in my life. Not that I'm close to being a mall personality or even close to that, I feel the dark side creeping in. Consumerism is great, but not at the expense of me. I plan on volunteering this year. Doing something that really matters. I have signed up for something, but I'm waiting to here their reply. Not sure if they will use me or not. Things work out how they are supposed to.

With all that jazz being said I have some serious post apocalyptic hair going on...seriously people...I look like I should be scavenging for food with Mad Max or the crew from aliens. I went to bed with wet hair and woke up with a giant mess on top of my head. Funnnnnnnnnnnnnn..............

No comments: