Sunday, July 15, 2012

Current thoughts...

...in random order...

My mind is swimming with ideas for this house...but my body is lacking the motivation of energy to make those ideas come to fruition. In other words I'm geeked up on allergy meds. My body is dragging. I'm trying to get rid of this fluid in my ears and the meds only seem to be making me groggy not well.   I HATE ALLERGIES!!!

Yesterday was nice.  Eric and I had another date day.  We ran some errands that we have put off for far too long simply for lack of excitement in the task of actually doing them and then went shopping.  We checked out some new stores and ran back to downtown.  We went to an art flea market and walked amid local art and design stores.  I LOVE it down there.  I told Eric I need to open a studio down there.  One day...one day indeed...now to just devise a plan to actually be able to afford the space. ha!

I have a new idea for this blog.  I'm kinda excited about it.  This has always been a little place for me to vent and purge my feelings, ideas or just every day happenings.  I have to get some things in order for this to actually happen.  But...soon I'll fill you in on the idea...

I'm thinking about taking a creative writing class at the local college.  I think this will inspire me and light a fire under my butt to actually start writing what I want to.  My friend actually told me about it and my husband has encouraged me to do it as well.  I looked up class info last week, this week I need to commit to it ; )

I have made a purposeful attempt at keeping my bedroom clean.  As simple and silly of a task this may be for some...it's not for me. I'm a natural slob. Laziness is in my genetic DNA. But I'm a firm believer in your surroundings breed your energy for the day.  If you wake up to disarray you will walk in that shadow all day long.  Now...I just need to take charge of my office and do an overhaul in it.  I need organization and inspirational pieces in there.  In here...is where I want to create and where I work.  But sitting amid stacks of outdated papers, creatively rarely flows. More like feelings of guilt.  While pinning organizational tips or ideas on pinterest...I really should be doing them.

The theater room is almost done! As I type that the word pretentious burns into my mind. My husband has been hard at work on it and I'm truly proud of him.  I'll leave it at that in fears of sounding like an arrogant snob...because...I'm not..but home theater just seems to display that persona.

I actually managed to find some energy and paint today.  The mood struck me and I painted my entry. It needed to be done.  I had patched the drywall and it was primed ready to go. This week I need to  re-caulk the stairs and paint the white trim.  I work from home, so therefore...I rarely leave.  I stare at the same cracks...paint chips and annoyances everyday.  So someday's I crack,cave in and drag out the paint cans and brushes.  Progress was made today...

I think I may have to color my hair soon.  The ombre has turned south and looks more like bad dye job.  I'm not a 6 foot, 20 year old model who could make ratty hair look chic.  I'm a short, pear shaped 30 year old mom...and I'm looking a tad bit like a calico cat.  I'm thinking more like a Zooey Deschanel hair do.


  I already have the bangs and blue eyes ; ) She's a cutie!

Ok...off to bed I go.  Tomorrow is the start of the work week for me and I have lots of things to do; doctor appointments, meetings and emails to return.  Have a great week! 

3 comments:

Lil said...

I'm jealous of you taking a creative writing class. That was one of my favorites in college. :) Once work starts back, though; I'm not going to have time to do anything but teach science this year. Write an awesome story for me! :)
P.S. I miss your face! We need to do another girl's day of eating and shopping soon.

~Nikki Pullen said...

I miss you TOO!!! Yes we do. I'm going to need help with Amanda's shower making decorations for it. You should totally come over and help me!!! Also, the cub scouts are going to have a fundraiser this year selling survival bracelets. We will need people to help make them. I'm thinking a crafting party will be called for! As for the class...I need not to be lazy and actually sign up and go.

Lil said...

I'd love to help make the decorations and the bracelets. :) I am going to have to go work in my classroom next week and resign myself to the fact that work does start back soon. :( But, I can always do nights during the week! I say crafting party it is!! :)