Friday, July 6, 2012

Mini Trip to Indy...

We just got home.  I have yet to unpack, clean the car out or start laundry.  I figured all that fun stuff can wait.  My husband and I decided Friday night to take a mini trip with the kids.  I swear I have a gypsy spirit and I need to travel, see new sites and have fresh experiences every few months or I get restless.  It's something my mind and spirit crave.  I know it's silly, but it renews me and gives me energy for the everyday mumbo jumbo.  Kinda like a re-boot button for the soul. 

We decided on Indianapolis because it was close, they have an AWESOME children's museum (which I had  never visited) and the hotel had a pool.  Need I say more with this heat wave?  Indoor air-conditioned fun? YES PLEASE!  We decided not to tell the kids where we were going.  I had packed our things without them seeing and we played it off as a simple family outing.  Once in Indy my oldest honestly thought we were  going to a hotel to swim.  Just swim and then come home the next day.  He was super excited when he learned we had actually planned to make two days of it.  The second day including a visit to the museum.  I was blown away with the Museum BTW.  They has so many exhibits for the boys! The hubs included ; )  We loved it so much we actually ended up buying a membership.  We plan on going back there many more times.  The kids had so much fun and I did too.  All in all a fabulous family outing : )

Below are some cell phone pics I snapped of the trip : )
















***Edited***  Fast forward...I forgot to post this blog entry.  This was last weekend. When you do social media for a living the excitement of updating kinda loses it's sparkle.  

Currently...I'm excited it is the weekend (again).  I have a client coming over for her photos.  I have a movie ready to be watched and a house that is pretty much cleaned : )    

Eric has been hard at work on the basement theater room.  This is not a very good pic, but it's a sneak peek : )


Ok...off to get ready for my client. Wishing everyone a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lil said...

I went to the museum during a teacher conference, and I loved it! :) Glad you had a good time!