Thursday, October 6, 2011

Running...

I have been running non-stop this week and it's doing havoc on my sinus infection.  The doctor even told me to rest.  Who has time to rest?  I have been working overtime trying to get our Halloween costumes in order.  I need to find a wig for Eric and sew his cape.  Spen needs EVERYTHING and as do I.  Grrrrr...I just wish I had more energy and time.  Today I plan on going to the thrift store.  Hopefully, I will find some treasures there for our costumes.

I am super thrifty.  I swear it's kinda annoying sometimes.  I went to Hancock fabric yesterday in search of material for Cedric's capes for his birthday party.  I found felt for $2.99 a yard...and it was 72 inches across.  SCORE!!!  So the cheap/thrifty part of me saw a sign that said senior discount today.  Hummmmm...quicker than you can say savings I called up my mother in law and told her I needed to borrow her.  Long story short she met me up there and I ended up getting 5.5 yards of felt and 4 yards of black material (Eric's cape) for only $26!!!

My friend gave me the idea to use felt material...no sewing!!!  I really don't have the time or the energy to sew 14 capes.  They are going to turn out cute!!!  I've been thinking about this and I'm going to cut my guest list.  I hate it...I don't want to offend anyone, but I just don't have it in me this year to have a huge party.  We have so much going on and I want a smaller party.  Last year we had around 40 people.  It was INSANE!!!  So this year I want it smaller...much smaller.  I have my anniversary, 30th birthday, and Halloween in this month along with Cedric's birthday.  So we are incredibly busy.  So...chopping the invite list in half.

I can't wait!!!  This weekend we are going to the pumpkin patch with some friends.  It's one of our many October traditions.  Ok, off to get this day started!!!  I have two cups of coffee in me and I'm about to take another dose of medicine and I will be on my way : )

No comments: