Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Running on fumes...

I have been so busy the past few weeks.  Birthday, school concert, anniversary, surprise ghost tour.  Yadda yadda yadda.

I'm still recuperating from my middle ear infection.  Lovely...eyes rolling.  I had a great birthday thanks to all my wonderful friends and family.  Not to mention my wonderful husband.  He had some awesome tricks up his sleeve.  I spent the morning of my 30th birthday being pampered receiving an hour long facial and massage.  two hours of pure bliss.  The facial made my skin look AWESOME!!!  It is something I will DEFINITELY being doing every few months.  I had a chemical peel done with it and my skin was glowing afterwards.  The massage...OMG is all I can say...I did not want it to end.  That too is something that deserves repeating every few months ; )

I'm so excited for all my birthday goodies.  I was spoiled this birthday.  30 was gentle to me : )

I celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary too this past week.  It was a great day.  I love my husband so much.  He truly is my best friend and the most kind person I know.  He has stood beside me through this crazy adventure of life. We have laughed, cried and are raising two beautiful kids together.  He has squeezed my hand with comfort and wiped away tears. He is my rock and I could never convey how much he means to me. This year he surprised me with a hand written love letter  I received via snail mail on my anniversary.  It was super sweet and romantic. Out of all the gifts I received this past week, I loved that one the most.  It was from the heart.

A few of the unconventional reasons why I love my hubby so...

- He once wore my pregnancy yoga pants because they went with his costume and he needed knit black pants asap. ( I laughed hysterically at him for this )


- He's not afraid to make an ass out of himself...



- He is one of the strongest men I know ...
( This was taken when my youngest was three days old at Kosair Hospital. (LONG STORY) I was an emotional wreck and he was my rock. )


He gets excited for the kids parties...


He shares my belief in letting kids be kids and filling their lives with impromptu moments of fun... case in point a kiddie pool and a slip n' slide on a hot summer day.


He thinks it's funny to wear matching shirts with his boys.


He will do almost anything I ask...and secretly, I think he likes how his skin looks after I give him a facial...


He is truly gentle.  Here he was holding Ceddy before his surgery.  


He loves being silly with the kids...here he puts them in laundry baskets and swings them around...we jokingly call it a redneck roller coaster. 


He will do anything to make me laugh...anything...


He loves us very much.  Proof...here he is making superhero capes with me for Cedric's party.  I have past pictures of him making crafts for Spen's school parties too. He reminds me I'm crazy for going overboard on everything...but tells me he loves me nonetheless as he sews them ; )


He knows the way to my heart...a dutch apple caramel pie...yummmmmm...


If I give him an idea...he ALWAYS runs with it...


Sometimes he has to "test" the kids toys out on Christmas morning for them.


He's my partner...in life, as a couple and as a parent.  Sitting side by side, we watch, cheer and support our kids.  If I tell him I need a break, he listens.  If I tell him I need help, he offers his hands. We do everything as a team...and I love that about him.


His boys are crazy about him...and he just the same for them.  The bond between father and son is a strong bond, and I can see it with every hug and kiss they share.



There are a plethora of many more reasons why I love my hubby...but nap time is almost over.   

- Eric, thanks for all the adventures and to the many more to come : )





No comments: