Thursday, September 9, 2010

Totally had an oh sh$t moment this morning....

My oldest woke me up this morning crying that the tooth fairy did not come.  I TOTALLY forgot.  I felt awful!!!!!!  I had a bad headache and took a benadryl that knocked me out last night (I'm a sissy).  So I told Spen that the tooth fairy once didn't come when I was little too and maybe she will come soon.  I told him she has a lot of houses to go to and teeth to collect.  I told him to take a shower and I pretended to lay back down.  As soon as he was in my bathroom shower.. Eric and I jumped up.  He collected the money and I ran and cut out a giant tooth out of printing paper.  I had Eric write a "sorry I was late" note on the giant tooth.  We stuffed it in the little baggy under his pillow with his money and hopped back into bed. It's funny, I had to put his tooth in my nightstand because I didn't want him to hear me up. So we just shoved it in there and pretended to sleep. Shewwwww.....spen later checked for his tooth after his shower and was over the moon excited when he discovered she came.  It was funny...he totally bought it, esp since we acted like we were still asleep.  He asked if I had heard her.  I was like no..I was asleep. He was like, she was probably really busy and had to stop by this morning.  He was happy and the world was made right.  Now, to never forget that again.  The joys of being a mom.

Today, I choose to smile with the sun on my face and the wind in my hair...fall is upon us....

No comments: