Sunday, June 24, 2012

Date Day!!!


Eric and I actually had an official day to ourselves yesterday!  We had originally planned on going to a water park just the two of us or taking the canoe out on open water.  Buttttttt...he was on call. Boo! So that meant he had to be within reach of his laptop and cell phone.  We thought about seeing a movie, but I was worried he would have to leave in the middle of it.  So we did something super fun I've been wanting to do for ages!  We kinda were tourist in our own town.  I drive past Nulu (East Market District) at least 4 times a month.  I love the creativity that is happening down there.  Tons of artist shops, and fun antique stores.  We usually have Ceddy with us and he could NOT go into their shops.  Lord know what he would end up grabbing, breaking or him running and getting lost in.  So us being kid free had the day to explore some great stores! 
Here are some shots from our day... 

{Proof I actually curled my hair...only to be put up because of the HEAT...but it looked pretty for second}







While walking we noticed some smoke coming from the side of a building. So we walked closer and saw some mulch was on fire.  I ran in and alerted the closest restaurant.  Thankfully, I did because by the time we came back there was already flames.  It was right beside a newly renovated building. People need to pay more attention to where they toss their cigarettes!!! I had to laugh when I saw the chef putting out the fire...and had to snap a pic!  I'm a dork like that!



My adorable hubby checking out some chachkies.


I wish I had taken my good camera, but my cellphone has to do until I get my camera back from canon. I want to go back down there again and take some more architectural photographs. My heart swoons over strong lines and textures!!!


This places was AWESOME!!! We plan on going back soon.  It was jammed full of fun fines and just eye candy galore!!!




My heart literally skipped a beat with the antique doorknob collections.  I LOVE THEM!!! 



I LOVE Modern design and I love pink.  Here was a store front I had to snap a picture of!  I shall be visiting it again!!!





I was finally able to drag Eric to Tom and Chee and then we finished off our meal with Graeters.  I got Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream.  Can you say YUMMMMMY!!!  It was kinda bitter sweet going there.  We use to go all the time with Spencer when we lived down the road.  It just makes me realize how much has changed and how fast my baby has grown up.  Insanity I say!!!  


So we also did something we can never do when we have the kids.  Go car looking.  Eric's new dream car! 
We also looked at some SUV's...that's more in our future! 



Yesterday was a blast.  We also went to hobby lobby, home depot and Marshall's.  It was a jammed pack full day!!! Which reminds me I need to go back and get a bamboo rug from Marshall's ; )  

Off to pick up Spen and then head over to my moms.  I had a great weekend thus far and I hope all my followers did as well!!! 

No comments: