Life is all about what you make of it. Sometimes, you have to put on your big girl panties and realize you will never have the things you long for. Life is about accepting things and moving on. This past week I reached out and tried to better a relationship with my mother only to have it backfire. I have come to the realization that I will never have the idea relationship with her. A relationship that consists of normal mother daughters situations. She is who she is, and I am who I am. We have different parenting views and styles. She is obviously not comfortable with my views, and I am not going to edit or change them. I am who I am, and I parent how I parent. I have unconditional love for my children and can only strive to have a better relationship with my kids than I have with my own parents. Sometimes as adult you are given a wake up call and you realize you can't change people, you can only change how you deal with them. So no longer will I try to be closer, I will only put that energy back into my family. So with welcoming 2013 I am no longer going to long for what I do no have but rather nurture what I do have. I have two beautiful children. We will start our own family traditions : )
This year I promise the following:
- To get outside more! I love hiking and this is something I need more in my life!
- To start new adventures!
- To take more photos!!! I've not been snapping as much and this is only due to my laziness.
- To not live with guilt! I can not control how others feel, those are their feelings. I am no longer going to be controlled or made to feel less than due to others thoughts.
- Work out!!! This sister needs to hit the gym!!!
- Get my house in shape! I'm tired of closets bursting at their seams and projects not completed!
- Go after whatever dreams I am too nervous to pursue. You get one life, and there is no time to sit on the sidelines.
- Love my boys and introduce them to more life experiences!
- Volunteer. I have an idea where I would like to, but it's just a matter of making time.
- Blocking out negativity. Only thinking positive thoughts and surrounding myself with positive people.
2013 will be a good year! The newness of the year brings with it excitement of possibilities, memories to be made, and the magical feeling of not knowing what is to come. A new journey to be had! Wishing everyone a fabulous year!!!