OK, admit it...everyone groans when you have to do the "right" thing as an adult. When sleeping in is not an option and blowing your paycheck on new makeup and clothing doesn't even enter the realm of reality anymore. Today my husband called to let me know he got a bonus, besides the fact taxes got to it before I could we both made the boring ADULT decision to put it into savings. Blah blah blah....oh joy. I think of all the things I could spend that money on...and in our savings account just doesn't seem very fun.
Below is a random list of things I miss about being a non-productive adult...aka...still living at home care-free and all that jazz...
- Sleeping in. I miss this so much. I am NOT a morning person.
- Staying up all night and watching the night turn into the morning.
- Blowing your paycheck on clothing, new hair, nails, or any other girly thing my mood fancied at the time.
- Sleep...good solid slumber. Not having difficulty falling asleep worrying if your kids have kicked their covers off.
- Bills...oh how as a young adult I was dumb and thought it was funny to ignore them. This proved to be a rather dumb move on my part. But I do miss the innocence of not realizing just how important your credit rating really is. The hubs and I have nearly perfect credit now and that took some hard work on our part.
- Eating anything and not worrying. No fears of cancer, pesticides, or hell even gaining weight. I used to be the size of a stick. Now if I simply look at food my ass has jumped two sizes.
- Cleaning. Ha...wondering why people wasted their time with that.
- My biggest miss is the lack of fear. As a young carefree adult you don't understand the gravity of a mother's fear. Fear truly does not enter into your life until you are a parent. Then fears you never even knew were possible creep in. They can be rational, or the biggest irrational fears but they are real to you. I laugh looking back at some of the dumb fears I had as a new parent. Then I cringe at some of the ones I had to face that were real ones. But I do miss complete and total ignorance to things of the heart sometimes. This Mommy job can be hard on your worry meter. Hence, why my second child has given me gray hairs. OK...off to start my day. I have a 3 years old birthday party to plan and errands to run. Also, a lovely dirty house begging for my attention. Have a great Friday guys!!!