Monday, September 14, 2009

So busy...

I have million things I should be doing...but here I sit. I'm tired. I didn't sleep very well. I'm super pissed at myself for missing lunch yesterday. I screwed up my diet...so I have to wait another day to take my glucose test. Oh well. That's life. Yesterday was beyond nuts. Eric and I had a party and a meeting. It was beyond busy. Next weekend is crazy too. I hate committing to something...and having to run like crazy to make it happen. Saturday was stressful, Eric and Spen had to work the cub scout booth and then Alli had a party. Grrrrrr...

I'm excited scott is coming to my baby shower. I know how random and weird. But he's always funny...and I think it will be funny to watch him play the games. Our shower isn't really a typical baby shower anyway. It's more of a celebration. Eric and I have had our ups and downs and losses with trying to have another baby. So this is more of a party celebrating life. Also, another reason to throw a party...lol. We love having friends over. We feel truly blessed with this pregnancy and we've had scares with it from the start. I will be so happy to have the baby in my arms and be done. It's nerve wrecking. From scares of ectopic pregnancy to thyroid and fertility issues. I just want my baby in my arms.

My child's name. If I hear another person comment on the baby's name in a negative way I will not be held accountable for my actions. Cedric...it is a welsh name. No..the entertainer did not come up with it...grrrr... The name was invented by Sir Walter Scott for his novel, Ivanhoe. And since many of the people commenting have no idea about saints...(xavier)Derived from the Basque place name Etxaberri meaning "the new house". This was the surname of the Jesuit priest Saint Francis Xavier (1506-1552). He was a missionary to India, Japan, China, and other areas in eastern Asia, and he is the patron saint of the Orient and missionaries. His surname has since been adopted as a given name in his honor, chiefly among Catholics. No, it is not just an x-men character. Not everyone wants to name their little bundle of joy everyday names. I somehow doubt Cedric is the equal to naming a child apple or another fruit. I'm just tired that certain people keep injecting their opinions when they have not been asked for. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ I somehow doubt Cedric Xavier Pullen is a horrific name and I will be scarring my child. No, his name is not as classy as Summer Sky or John Jacob. I'm just tired. I have more battles I'd rather be fighting than my kids name. Funny thing is...I got the same remarks with Spencer Henry...and now everyone loves it. So get over it...

I have so much to do..and I've ranted enough.

No comments: