Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Busy busy bee....

Today I have a million things to do. I'm trying to figure out addresses for the baby shower. I suck at this. Actually, it's not a question of not being able to do the task, but rather...I HATE it. Oh well. The baby shower will be loads of fun. It's a coed retro shower. We have adorable old fashioned decorations and the colors are baby blue and brown. It's going to be fun. I made my invites...because I'm a weirdo who enjoys torturing myself with crafts. They actually turned out really pretty if I may say so myself.

Ok...updates...lets see...

- I fell yesterday. I was picking spen up from school and my foot slipped down in a hole in the school yard. Besides from almost dying of embarrassment, I was kinda freaked out making sure I didn't hurt the baby. Thank God I caught myself and only landed on my knee. I still was shook up and felt like a complete idiot. But that's life.

- We are almost done with the floors. Yay. It has taken us since Saturday. Which is really fast timing for us. They look beautiful, and I feel absolutely spoiled with them. I love my hubby dearly. He's so freaking talented!!! I hate the fact I couldn't get down there and help more...but I did decide on the pattern and hand him pieces of wood. It's funny...who would think making a random pattern would be mind tasking..but it was. I'll post pics when we are done.

- Target...damn them..damn them and their such low sale prices. I about brought the store home with me yesterday. I stopped by the bardstown rd. target and all the home stuff was on sale. I ended up only buying some cool mirrors. It took all my reserve strength to not do more damage than that. But, I was good. I love the mirrors...they are very modern and look perfect in the formal living room. My next purchase will be new area rugs. I love my Eric...he's funny...he brought it up and said that he could already read my mind. He said that since I have my floors...now I'll need my rugs. He knows me so well. I told him it would be like wearing a fabulous new outfit with no accessories. He gets it. Target has the two I want...so I'm happy I don't have to worry about that.

- Eric and I are not allowed to buy one halloween item this year. It's killing both of us. Anyone who knows us, knows we are addicted. We seriously have a huge collection of halloween junk..and always want more. But, we are trying to save money for baby stuff. I did however purchase a fall candle yesterday. It smelled so delicious. I had to. It's so sad, but I doubt we will put up that much halloween stuff this year. With the baby coming around that time, I just won't feel like dealing with it.

- The nursery has taken a backseat to the floors. It is almost done being painted...but after we finish the floors..that is the next task. I have basically everything...I just need Eric to make my frames. I also want to try to take one family shot of all of us. I doubt it will work out considering how the last photo shoot went.

- I need to go to the store. I have a long list of items to buy. I'm excited, Eric got a bonus this year. So, we will probably be spending that on baby gear. But yay for free money! It will be taxed..damn the man. But it's nice for the company to see and appreciate Eric's hard work. I'm truly blessed with such an honest hard working hubby. He's the greatest :) Now I won't tell him that...his head would just swell..lol. Ok. I'm gone.

No comments: